Both Grupo Xcaret and Tour Xenotes promote respect for nature, which is why they are always looking for new ways to conserve and care for it.
Sustainability Model by Grupo Xcaret
It is for this reason that a sustainability model is created that ensures the conservation, dissemination and development of natural heritage, in addition to the intention of sharing with the world the amazing experiences that nature allows us to carry out in it.
Xenotes Tour and Sustainability
By being part of the Xenotes Tour and all the parks and tours of Grupo Xcaret, you help maintain the commitments to the environment that have been outlined at the corporate level. In addition, the route ensures a minimal impact on nature.
- Scarlet Macaw Conservation Program
- Mangrove Project for Reforestation and Rehabilitation of the Nichupté Lagoon System
- Sea Turtle Conservation Program
- Creation of the Riviera Maya Forest Nursery
- Coral Reproduction Program
- Manatee Conservation Program
- Green School Project (Reforestation of Public Schools in Quintana Roo)
- Environmental Education Program
- Southern Stingray Research Program
- Ten Reproduction Programs: Pink Flamingo, Great Green Macaw, Rainbow-billed Toucan, Crested Guan, Quetzal, Nurse Shark, Butterflies, Mexican Parrot, Tapir and the Great Curassow.
- Efficient Use of Resources
- Responsible Waste Management
- Each year more than 130,000 native plants from the Mexican Southeast are produced; 100,000 are used for reforestation inside and outside the parks.
- Programs of integral water management, energy savings by taking advantage of natural light, and solid waste administration through which 70% of the waste from the parks is recovered.
- Supporting Save the Children’s playrooms in the municipalities of Tulum and Solidaridad in the Riviera Maya.
Sustainability as the right path
Sustainability is the way to keep providing unforgettable experiences inspired by the respect for nature, culture and life.