Sustainability Model by Grupo Xcaret
Xenotes Tour and Sustainability
- Scarlet Macaw Conservation Program
- Mangrove Project for Reforestation and Rehabilitation of the Nichupté Lagoon System
- Sea Turtle Conservation Program
- Creation of the Riviera Maya Forest Nursery
- Coral Reproduction Program
- Manatee Conservation Program
- Green School Project (Reforestation of Public Schools in Quintana Roo)
- Environmental Education Program
- Southern Stingray Research Program
- Ten Reproduction Programs: Pink Flamingo, Great Green Macaw, Rainbow-billed Toucan, Crested Guan, Quetzal, Nurse Shark, Butterflies, Mexican Parrot, Tapir and the Great Curassow.
- Efficient Use of Resources
- Responsible Waste Management
- Each year more than 130,000 native plants from the Mexican Southeast are produced; 100,000 are used for reforestation inside and outside the parks.
- Programs of integral water management, energy savings by taking advantage of natural light, and solid waste administration through which 70% of the waste from the parks is recovered.
- Supporting Save the Children’s playrooms in the municipalities of Tulum and Solidaridad in the Riviera Maya.